Saturday, March 15, 2008

This old draft, deserved to be posted!


I wrote this post on the 14th of March but didn't post it thinking I wanted to edit it so it wasn't so sappy. I guess it's just meant to be a little sappy. I love Vancouver.

This morning I took my bike to John Valk to get some work done on it, and after dropping it off I took the skytrain back to Commercial Drive. I got a little melancholy looking at the skyline as the train sped along. Seeing Mainspace and that ugly school next door, just knowing that I wasn't going to see it for a while and wondering with all the construction what Vancouver would be like in a few years, when I hopefully get to venture back (after the Olympics though!!!)

Even walking along Commercial and thinking "I just moved in this neighborhood and didn't really get to fully appreciate it", knowing how much I'm going to miss the great restaurants and cute little shops, especially Mintage, one of my favorite places to browse on the weekend after brunch.

I know Sydney is going to be GREAT, but I am still very sad to be leaving. :(

See you later Vancouver!

No comments: